Saturday, February 12, 2005

Introducing the Voice.


The Voice: I am mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

not the voice: No, that's just a TV show I saw last night.

The Voice: Actually it was a movie, Network, and it got 4 stars. It starred Fay Dunaway. She looked skinny and cute in it.

So you see what I'm saying I am not Mad. This is not some kind of religious epiphany, or some kind of psychotic breakdown.

Not the voice: It's just cuz I'm on the internet.

The Voice: That's correct, then you understand the problem from the film?

Me/not the voice: It was the Arabs ...?

The voice: You didn't get to the end of the movie then. It has to do with the End of History. Globalization, and eventually how we will all worship the Company.

Not the voice: But isn't that Fukuyama?

The Voice: The movie anticipated him. In fact you might say he stole his whole thesis from it. Though he was hardly alone, I mean look at Max Headroom and Broadcast News, could they have been more derivative?

No comments: