Monday, October 27, 2008

I work 12 days in a row

I was going to work on my long form piece about how Barrack Obama is the Mikhail Gorbachev of the American Left. But when I explained my idea to a few friends none of them got it. They did not see the connection, and I have to admit there really is none. Other than the connection all the right wing nuts see because they assume Obama is a Marxist.

I am sure one day I will finish the article and I will post it. Until then I wait for the Fed EX guy to bring me my phone. I woke early this morning. I was tossing and turning at 8 am jumping up at every noise that sounded like a knock at the door. None of the sounds I heard was from the Fed Ex guy knocking, just the random sounds of my ghetto neighborhood.

I decided to write this post even though I have to go work in like 15 minutes. Today is the 8th straight day I have worked, and you would think that would make me rich, but you are wrong. Somehow I will end up with only 32 hours this week. I forgot to pick my schedule this week and ended up with three days. I had to beg for a couple of day from co-workers and since my co-workers are lazy that was pretty easy. What that means is that I have a bunch of 4, 5 and 6 hours shifts that nobody wanted and I had to put off my day off until Friday. That sucks for me because I am burned out on this job.

Speaking of burning things I am going to go make some Corn Beef and Cabbage. I will add some red potatoes to my crock pot and when I get home tonight I will feast like it is St. Patty's Day. I even have left over Tecate beer to swig it down with.

Things are looking up.

Not really, but I do like me some Corn Beef.

No comments: