Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Technical stuff I don't know a lot about


I have switched to something called an RSS feeder. I am not sure if it worked or not. It is from Feedburner and I think you have to download some free software in order to read me on your I-pod.

I know that some of you are aware that I have gone beta-blogger on you. What you may not know is that I had to change my stat counter because of that.

My old counter was BlogPatrol. It sucked eggs. The only cool thing about it was I trusted how many hits it recorded for me. I am not so sure about this one.

But STATcounter.com has some crazy ass functions. Like I get a map of where all my visitors are from. I can even click on to key word searches and discover exactly where you live.

So lets say you thought searching for "masturbating girls" was a great idea. Then you decided to click on to my blog. I know your general location. Freaky.

I promise you are all in good hands with me. I would never divulge info like that. But I wonder why no one else has. We've all heard about the Cragislist guy and some people pay for their stats. I am guessing you can find insanely detailed info out that way.

Fellow bloggers/readers how do you get your stats? Have you found out any crazy detailed info? Don't go giving personal info away, but some general stuff would be cool.

2 comments:

DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

I once wrote a post about Xyrem, notorious among guys who can't get laid for it's use as a date rape drug. I was amazed at the number of freaks who came across my little blog garden after inputting google terms such as "buy date rape drug"

Most of these type hits seemed to be coming from the Northeast.

Romius T. said...

Jesus,

You buy date rape drugs? But seriously I ain't letting my sister go above the mason dixon line anymore.

I prefer the old fashioned way of getting laid.

"I Love you and have another two beers.